Monday, March 21, 2011

From St. Patrick's Day to Persian New Year


That's Del and I at a cafe on St. Patrick's Day, which would have been like any other day except for the green food coloring that I bought and added to all drinks. The happy hour gin and tonics looked especially festive. Joan and I have been golfing on Sat. mornings with her regular group and I set out on my own this morning to the course up the road. It's close enough that I can pull the cart to and from Lyn's house along Pt. Walter Rd. and I had my "I'm just looking for my drive" story ready for anyone who asked (no one did). I played with a local guy and his visiting brother-in-law from Winnipeg. We were both revelling in the sun, warmth and astounding variety of birds squawking overhead.

Lyn and I attended a Persian/Baha'i New Year's party last night at her daughter's in-laws' palace north of Perth. I'm surprised the table legs could take the weight of the loaded platters of food: whole chickens and fish, legs of lamb, heaps of rice and a separate table for at least 18 different desserts. Lyn and I managed to eat our body weight in food and escaped before the obligatory dancing. She's out giving a gardening talk to an 'aged' group and I had a very important golf game, and that was our story.
Tomorrow we're driving 5 1/2 hours to Lake King to see some men about some tractors - really. Could be some interesting blog material coming up.


No comments:

Post a Comment